Monday, November 24, 2008

How Life Coaching really works!!!

I first want to say I am sorry for not posting. I was in Dallas with Chaise (my second son for hockey), but I did write everyday and boy I am still releasing a lot of past crap!!! LOL
Its amazing how things I didn't think bothered me in the past keep creeping up and want to come out. Yea I would like to tell people how I really feel , but for some reason I stop myself and just write. I think I am starting to think before speaking. Which is a first.

I want to really share my son Chaise's life coaching journey. Meaning how I see the change in him. I can't explain how it makes me feel to see the change and see the will and desire in him. The first in a long time. The smile on his face, the wanting to succeed. I am sure I have mentioned before that 2 of my boys have had the opportunity to be working with David for about 4-5 weeks. Chaise since he was little has dealt with self esteem issues. I have always wondered ....why .... I never made him feel in adequate or put him down, but I know i am not the only one in his life. As the years have gone by Chaise has been playing AAA hockey. He is one of the lucky kids .... meaning Chaise has so much talent without even trying or training for, but his lack of confidence has really set him back the last 2 years. Well me and his father agreed at this age and level if he doesn't play with his heart 100% of the time he has to move down to a lower level. First off its way way to expensive, the kids at this level are all excellent player and play at 100% of the time or coach will let you know and your done. So by talking with him he really does want this but feels he doesn't deserve it. He would go out and play a great game to come back and play 3 bad games. Its not that he played bad it was that you could see he showed no effort or desire to play. That is where I was so blessed to have taken the life coaching coarse and said to Chaise this is what we are going to do. We are going to meet with David just one time. If you don't want to see him anymore then you don't have to. Well he wasn't a happy camper, but he meet with him and wanted to see him again. YEA......... to make a long story short. Chaise went out there on that rink and played 110%. His whole line got sat most of the 4 games because of lack of effort on their part, but not my Chaise he moved to another line and scored a goal his first game!!!!!!! The first all year , then he scored the second game!!! I couldn't believe it and he had so many more opportunities!!! As we entered the 3rd game he was out there hustling ........... he got kicked in his knee from another kid and intented to do it...meaning the kid got kicked out of that game and the last game because it was such a dirty hit. Well Chaise went down crying and was down for about 5mins. I helped coach get him off the ice and look at it . It was very swollen and he was hurting very very bad. We put ice on it and gave him some advil. It wasn't broken but we couldn't do anything till we got home and go to dr. on monday. As he sits there he looks at me with tears in his eyes and says mom put my helmet on I want to sit on the bench with my team I want to watch them play. That was the eye opener of how life coaching is truly working....not just seeing him play from the heart , but not to sit and mope around like before and act like he is dieing or will never play ever again. He was so positive !!!!!!!!!!! After the game he started walking more and more on his leg and saying how bad he wants to go out and play. I couldn't believe it!!!!!!! As my ex would always call him ............. hypoconderact........ well you know what my baby is changing, he is feeling good about him self, he is smiling , he is excited about his love of hockey again, he is seeing how he can do what those other kids can even if I always have told him he can. I am seeing my own son jump in that fire with his own 2 feet and I tell you what !!! If that doesn't motivate a mom to jump in her own self then I don't know what will!!!!!!!!! It sure shows me if you do your work and really want your dreams you sure can have it!!!!
You have to believe to succeed!!!!!!
Love and Strength, Jen

As my inspirational quote sure showed me this weekend ....... Your will must be stronger than your skill!!!!

No comments: